Design and Modeling of Urban Drainage, Stormwater, and Sewer Networks Systems Using EPA SWMM.
The training on Design and Modeling of Urban Drainage and Sewer Network System Using EPA SWMM is designed to equip Engineers with the necessary skill set to be able to plan layouts, design, and model storm water, urban drainage or sewer networks.
EPA’s Storm Water Management Model (SWMM) is used throughout the world for planning, analysis, design and modelling of stormwater runoff, combined and sanitary sewers, and other drainage systems of unlimited sizes in urban areas. It can also model special elements, such as storage/treatment units, swales, flow dividers, pumps, weirs, orifices, and LID controls. The software was developed by the United State Environmental Protection Agency.
We are introducing this training as part of our vision to build the capacity of our engineers in the area of Water Resources and Infrastructure Design using the latest softwares used globally. This training will teach participants the basics in planning, designing and modeling of stormwater and urban drainages sewers using SWMM.
Participants will also learn the following basic fundamentals of a drainage system:
Components of Sewer System
- Sewer Layouts
- Conventional Method of Drainage Design
- Application of SWMM to Modelling and Simulation
- Urban Hydrology and Hydraulics
- Data acquisition and interpretation in urban drainages and sewerages
- Flood frequency analysis and flood return periods
- Sewerages and urban drainages layout and designs (conventional method)
- Digitization of Drainage Network
- Design of Stormwater Systems (Calculation)
- Design of Sanitary Sewers
- Runoff Generation and Estimation
- Determination of Intensity-frequency-duration parameters
- Reporting and Calculation Sheet
- Cost Evaluation and Financial Appraisal of urban drainage Projects
- Case study and computer application using EPA SWMM (modern based simulation).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The training is designed for consultants, civil engineers, mechanical engineers, project managers, water resource consultants, and infrastructure consultants in the water resources sector.
The course training materials is drawn from the Infrastructure Planning (MIP) and Water Resources Management (WAREM) Masters Course Modules of the University of Stuttgart, Germany.
Class Size: Maximum class size is 10 participants per class.
Thursday 10 – Saturday 12 September 2020
Via Zoom with ID 811 7143 4772
Register in advance for this meeting:
Download lecture notes Here
The Course Fee is Ten Thousand (N10, 000.00) Naira only per participant. This Fee covers for Materials, and Software.
PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION
To register, simply send name, location and email address to
Payment can be made to:
Account Name: Wasser and Bau Ltd
Account No 0006365809
Name of Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank