TRAINING WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT
Design and Modelling of StormWater and Sewer Systems (Urban Drainage)
From first Principle to Computer Software (SWMM) Modelling and Simulation
The objective of the training is to teach participants the basics in planning, designing of stormwater and sewer distribution network of large infrastructure projects, estate,districts and cities. Participants will learn the fundamentals of practical design approach from first principles and will also be introduced to the use of computer software called SWMM to model and stimulate the network and see its practicability.
The materials used for the training is drawn from the International Master Course of the University of Stuttgart, Water Resources Engineering and Management (WAREM). German Code and Standards will be applied during the training.
Wasser & Bau is offering this training as part of its vision to develop Infrastructure engineers within the Nigerian engineering community with capacity to design and model infrastructure systems in Nigeria.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for professional researchers, civil engineers, project managers, water resource consultants, infrastructure consultants, and young engineers active in the environmental and water resources sector. Engineers are strongly advised to attend the training especially those involved in planning and management of infrastructures such as flood control, erosion control, water supply system, urban design etc.
- Introduction of urban drainages, sewerages and their morphologies
- Urban hydrology/ hydraulics in drainages and sewerages designs
- Catchment zoning in urban drainage and sewerages designs
- Wet and dry weather flows quantitative characterization
- Data acquisition and interpretation in urban drainages and sewerages
- Flood frequency analysis and flood return periods
- Sewerages and urban drainages layout and designs (conventional method)
- Flood routing using kinematic system and dynamic system
- Cost Evaluation and Financial Appraisal of urban drainage Projects
- Case study and computer application using EPA SWMM (modern based simulation).
- Combination of SWMM and Civil 3D (including other CAD systems)
EPA’s Storm Water Management Model (SWMM) is used throughout the world for planning, analysis, design and modelling of stormwater runoff, combined and sanitary sewers, and other drainage systems of unlimited sizes in urban areas. It can also model special elements, such as storage/treatment units, swales, flow dividers, pumps, weirs, orifices, and LID controls. The software was developed by the United State Environmental Protection Agency.
Typical applications of SWMM:
- Designing and sizing of drainage system components for flood control.
- Sizing detention facilities and their appurtenances for flood control and water quality protection.
- Mapping flood plains of natural channel systems—SWMM 5 is a FEMA-approved model for National Flood Insurance Program studies.
- Designing control strategies for minimizing combined sewer overflows.
- Evaluating the impact of inflow and infiltration on sanitary sewer overflows.
- Generating nonpoint source pollutant loadings for waste load allocation.
- Controlling site runoff using green infrastructure practices as low LID controls.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of best management practices and low impact development for reducing wet weather pollutant loadings.
Training Dates: 2 days
Wasser and Bau Training Center
Plot 502 Dalaba Street off Micheal Okpara Way Wuse Zone 5 Abuja
10am – 4pm daily
The Course Fee is Fifty Thousand (N50, 000.00) Naira only per participant. The Fee covers Software, Workshop Materials, video CDs, Certificate of Participation, Breakfast and Lunch.
Payment and Registration
Name: Wasser & Bau
Account No: 0006365809
Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank
Further Inquiries: send SMS to 08033895518 or 08140439427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org