AutoCAD Civil 3D software is a civil engineering design and documentation solution that supports Building Information Modeling workflows.
It is used for designing, drafting and documentation, analysis, defining workflows, surveying and mapping of civil projects.
Why should you learn?
AutoDesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D infrastructure professionals can better understand project performance, maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to change.
AutoCAD Civil 3D tools support Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes and help reduce the time it takes to design, analyze, and implement changes.
We help you master some of the following features of Civil 3D:
- Design: For corridor design, pressure pipe networks, gravity pipe networks, grading, parcel design, bridge modeling, geotechnical modeling, and rail track layout
- Analysis: For advanced mapping and analysis functionality, storm water management using dynamic model, dynamic QTO and earthwork calculations, transforming civil design models with visualization.
- Drafting & Documentation: For drafting standards, construction documentation, map production, and for reports and tables
- Surveying & Mapping: For surface modeling, base map creation, and reality capture.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Function within the Civil 3D environment.
- Import survey data and work with it.
- Points, Surfaces, Parcel Labels, Horizontal alignments for sites: produce, amend and manage.
- Produce a grading solution and grading quantities for sites.
- Produce and amend site profiles.
- Deal with transportation alignments and profiles, transportation assemblies and corridors, cross sections and quantities.
- Create and manage plan sets, Civil 3D data.
- Produce and manipulate site corridors and assemblies.
- Produce and amend site pipe networks.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who plans on implementing Civil 3D functions along with the traditional CAD drafting tools should attend this class.
Surveyors, Land Planners, municipal and city engineers or those interested in accessing extended information from their CAD drawings. This is an excellent class for new hires, for those who are first going to AutoCAD Civil 3D or for those who are returning users.
Date: 22- 24 August 2019 Time: 10am-4pm Daily
2nd Floor, Nicon Insurance Plaza, Plot 242 Muhammadu Buhari Way, Central Area District, Abuja
Seventy-five Thousand Naira only
N75,000 per participant. This Fee covers for Materials, CDs, Lunch, and Software
Payment and Registration
- To register, simply make payment to the account details provided below,
- Then call or forward the payment details to 08140439427
- Then a receipt will be sent to you, come along with it on training day
|Planning, Design and Modeling of Water Distribution System Using EPANET. (12th Batch)
EPANET is software that models water distribution piping systems. EPANET performs extended period simulation of the water movement and quality behavior within pressurized pipe networks of any size and capacity.**TRAINING OBJECTIVES**
The objective of the training is to teach participants the basics in planning, designing and modeling of a water demand, and distribution using of EPANET. Participants will also learn the fundamentals of practical design of any centralized water supply system from first principle.**WHO SHOULD ATTEND**The course is designed for professional researchers, civil engineers, mechanical engineers, project managers, water resource consultants, and infrastructure consultants in the water resources sector.**COURSE BACKGROUND **
The course training materials is drawing from the Infrastructure Planning (MIP) and Water Resources Management (WAREM) Masters Course Modules of the University of Stuttgart, Germany.**CLASS SIZE:**
Maximum class size is 10 participants per batch. The intent is to make the training a hand-on experience for participant with videos, case studies and real practical cases. At the end of the training, participants are expected to be able to plan, design and model water distribution system of any magnitude using EPANET. DATES:
Thursday 15- Friday 16 August 2018
Thursday 22 -24 August 2019
Wasser and Bau Resource Center
Nicon Insurance Building, 2nd Floor
Plot 242 Mohamadu Buhari Way Central Business District Abuja
Beni Gold Hotel
18 Adeleke Adedoyin St, off Koffo Abayomi
Victoria Island, Lagos
Introduction: Water Demand
Population projections ; Water Demand; Water Collection
Water Supply Systems
Pumps, Pumping Stations, Power Boosters; Water Storage,
Hydraulics for pumping design
Water Transmission and Distribution,
Dimensioning and calculation of a branched pipe system
Calculation of a closed loop pipe system according to Hardy-Cross
Presentation and Discussion of Step 1: Water Demand Calculation
Presentation and Discussion of Step 2: Check of Sources, Water Collection
Presentation and Discussion of Step 3: Layout Plan of Water Supply System
Presentation and Discussion of Step 4: Dimensioning and Hydraulic Calculation
Presentation and Discussion of Step 5: Design of Water Supply System
**MODELLING ( WITH EPANET)**
Pipe Network Analysis
Fire Fighting Considerations
Peak Hours and Different Scenarios