• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo, FNSE was born on 16th April,
and shares the same birthday with Charlie Chaplin and Pope Benedict XVI.
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo is an old boy of the prestigious College of the Immaculate Conception (CIC) Enugu (SEMPER FIDELIS)
• Did you know the Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo is an alumnus of the prestigious University of Ottawa in Ontario, Canada, where he graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering and a Masters Degree in Foundation Engineering.
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo began his distinguished and
distinctive engineering career as a pupil engineer with the Glamorgan County
Council, South Wale United Kingdom; that his rich experience in construction
was garnered at Michelle Construction UK and Collavino Incorporated
Construction, Ontario, Canada, while his ingenuity in design was acquired at
Thomas White Consulting UK, J R Richard Consulting Ontario Canada, and Trow
Ontario Canada; that he was also very conspicuous in the academic arena, and
was a lecturer in the Department of Civil Engineering, Algonquin Poly, Ottawa,
• Did you know that in 1979, the Emir of Zazzau, His Royal Highness Alhaji (Dr.)
Shehu Idris, CFR, persuaded Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo to return to Nigeria
and contribute toward the development of the new Federal Capital Territory,
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo joined the services of the
Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) as a Principal Engineer in 1982,
and served the nation meritoriously till his retirement as a Deputy Director in
• Did you know Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo supervised the construction of
some major districts and monumental edifices in the Federal Capital Territory;
that some of the projects in FCT that attest to his legendary engineering
prowess are – the Aso Villa, the National Assembly (design stage), the Supreme
Court, the Federal Secretariat, the National Stadium, the National Mosque, the
Transcorp Hilton, Maitama District, Garki II District, Jabi District (design stage),
and many others.
• Did you know that the original design of Maitama District had five bridges, but
when Engr. Mbanefo took charge as the Chief Resident Engineer for the project,
he, with his team, displayed a mastery and prolific engineering finesse by
removing four of the bridges, replacing them with culverts and underground
drainage; that they also introduced a dam along the Shehu Shagari Way which we
ply daily without noticing.
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo is the founding Chairman of
the Nigerian Society of Engineers Abuja Branch – the primus inter pares.
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo served as Ex-Co Member of
NSE for four years 1988-1992.
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo was elected as NSE 3rd Vice
President in 1992, and was the last 3rd Vice President before the amendment of
the constitution the same year; that in 1993, he was elected as one of the three
Vice Presidents under the new constitution, and was again re-elected as Vice
President in 1994 and 1995.
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo was elected unopposed as NSE
Deputy President in 1996.
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo, FNSE became the 21st
President of the Nigerian Society of Engineers in 1998, thereby maintaining his
family’s distinguished professional tradition just like his brothers – Amb. (Chief)
A.C.I. Mbanefo CON, MFR, FCA, the Odu III of Onitsha – Past President, Institute
of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), and Arch. Frank Mbanefo, FNIA –
Past President, Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA).
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo is still very active in the
Nigerian Society of Engineers, and has been a member of the Council for 27
• Did you know that Engr. Charles Aniweta Mbanefo holds the traditional title of